Thursday, July 2, 2009

They Can Drive You NUTS!

We all have that certain type of person that sets us off, you know the kind, the one we find yourself in relationship with over and over again, and when the relationship starts to falter we ask ourselves, "How do I get myself into these messes? I should know better by now."

When we don't "see" certain behaviors, we walk right into them time and time again. It's like being emotionally blindfolded, feeling our way through life. After a while we are exhausted from trying to figure it all out. In some cases we can become deeply wounded, and too gun shy to venture into any other new relationships.

Let's start this weeks discussion by identifying the type of personality that is hardest for each of us to handle. Is it people who are...

* Blatantly opinionated
* Too laid back
* Overly talkative
* Too proper
* Hard to please (picky)
* Wishy-washy
* Scatterbrained
* All up in your business
Or _______________ (you fill in the blank)

I'll tell you my hardest person to deal with - The silent planners. Being a Playful Sanguine, I think out loud. For some reason my brain thinks clearer when my ears are part of the process, so my thoughts come out my mouth and into my ears before I know I have thought the thought. Now the silent planners in my life assume I think like them, that I have worked it all out long before I share my ideas and plans with others, like they do, but I don't. They become frustrated with me, thinking I'm wishy-washy or that I keep changing my mind, only I haven't even made up my mind yet to change it.

Can you see the relationship problem coming? Well, I didn't until I stop to analyse the repeat patterns. Now I know, I must get my ducks in a row before I share my exciting plans and ideas with my silent planner friends (and family).

So, what kind of person is hard for you to get along with? (Be honest, but kind. Please do not mention names.)

If you are new to the idea of personalities, visit the website to hear a recorded conference I gave on the subject. It' s FREE - Enjoy! http://www.personalityprinciples.com

No comments:

Post a Comment